Highly Skilled Surgical Technology Training
at Lincoln Technical Institute
Become a member of today’s highly skilled medical teams with Surgical Technology training at Lincoln. Our hands-on courses place the tools you need to succeed right in your hands, and provide you with the skills used to assist surgeons in the operating room.
With assistance from our knowledgeable medical instructors, your Surgical Tech training takes place inside simulated operating room environments equipped with machines and tools found in the field. This real-life, Surgical Technologist training program ensures you’ll have the skills before beginning your job search.
What can I expect from the Surgical Technology Training Program?
- In just 54 weeks, you can earn a Diploma in Surgical Technology (upon program completion).
- A 500-hour mandatory externship helps you gain valuable practical, clinical experience in Surgical Technology in operating rooms of hospitals and other facilities.
- Students learn the name and functions of more than 300 instruments.
- We bring the industry to you: Surgical Technologist training students go on field trips and have opportunities to meet professionals in the field through guest speakers who visit Lincoln.
- Learn surgical procedures performed in General, OB/GYN, Genitourinary, Plastic Surgery and Laparoscopy practices.
- Prep operating rooms and team members with gowns, sterile gloves and instruments for surgery.
- Understand the importance of properly positioning patients before and during surgery.
As a key member in the operating room, your composure and technical capabilities will help you work alongside surgeons, registered nurses and other surgical personnel. When you graduate from the Surgical Technology program, you’ll be eligible to sit for the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) Certified Surgical Technologist certification exam.
Plus, convenient student services such as review classes for certification exams, career counseling, and a qualified staff of NBSTSA and National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) certified instructors all want to help you succeed.
Interested in learning more about Surgical Technology training?
Now is the perfect time to go after the career you’ve always wanted. There's a place for you at Lincoln - whether you are a recent high school graduate, workforce professional seeking a career change, or someone wanting a future you can be proud of.