Medical Assistant Technology
Gain Hands-On Skills at Lincoln
Train in preparation for the Registered
Medical Assistant (RMA) certification exam
Medical Assistant Technology training at Lincoln Technical Institute and Lincoln College of Technology encourages students to become multi-functional practitioners qualified in office administrative skills and direct patient care in the hopes of increasing their career opportunities.
Career training at Lincoln gets you ready to sit for the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) certification exam.
- In approximately 58 to 86 weeks, you can earn an Associate degree in Medical Assisting Technology.
- Computerized simulation manikins are used to teach students how to “treat” ailments.
- Doctor’s Office Classrooms (D.O.C.) fully simulate a real-life, professional medical office from the reception area to examination rooms.
- You will learn how to document patient exams and diagnosis in electronic medical records, with an emphasis on privacy and security of health records.
- Practice patient preparation by taking vital signs and patient history; master injection techniques and sterilizing procedures; and learn how to properly put on a sterile glove through our instructor’s guidance.
- Learn software and other medical assistant computer programs to become computer savvy in electronic health record and billing software.
- A team of experienced instructors are ready to support your studies and help you achieve personal goals.
What type of jobs do Medical Assistant Technology
students pursue after graduation?
Medical Assistant Technology program graduates are qualified to work as Office Medical Assistants, EKG Technicians, Phlebotomy Technicians, Unit/Ward Clerks in hospitals, Claims Examiners, Adjusters/Processors for insurance companies or anywhere an allied healthcare professional is needed. And you’re not just limited to doctor’s offices - podiatrists, chiropractors, optometrists and other health specialists need Medical Assistants, too.
The world of medicine is always seeking qualified Medical Assistants. There’s no better time to earn your degree in Medical Assisting through Lincoln!